- Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
- 1 1-pound package purchased pizza dough
- 2 cups (generous) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 6 small fresh figs, cut into 1/4- to 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar, divided
- 8 thin slices prosciutto (from two 3-ounce packages)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula
Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle large rimless baking sheet generously with cornmeal. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12×10-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared sheet. Sprinkle Gorgonzola over dough. Sprinkle with pepper. Place figs in medium bowl; drizzle 1 tablespoon vinegar over. Set aside.
Bake pizza until crust is golden brown on bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately drape prosciutto slices over, covering pizza completely. Arrange fig slices atop prosciutto. Bake until figs are just heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer pizza to cutting board. Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and oil in large bowl; add arugula. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Mound salad atop pizza. Cut into pieces and serve.